Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Updo's with a difference

I love pin ups.

I love dreaming up new ones. I love doing them. I love taking my time over them and fussing over every little detail. Whenever I get bored I like to sit with my dolls head and try out new things, I would try on real people more often but my models need a lot of time and a lot of patience!

Currently I am recovering from a cold and on a recommendation from my tutor I got some Sudafed tablets and after taking them I have been climbing the walls all day. I know the caffeine is supposed to boost you back up to your normal energy levels but it's catapulted me way past that. So in my caffeine induced mega-hyper state I got out the dolls head and I was determined to replicate the butterfly hair/headpiece I had seen on Jean Paul Gaultier's latest runway show. I haven't figured out how to use images with out getting sued yet so unfortunately you'll have to Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about but trust me, it's fantastic.

Five hours later.... I realise that I just do not have the resources right now to make this hairstyle happen. So kind of sticking with the butterfly theme, my long suffering dolls head ends up with Papillon dog style ears.

Not my finest work but definitely a good insight into the very crazy things that Sudafed can do to your brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment