Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

Nail Art: Konad Stampers review

I'm a big fan of nail art. When I had a lot more free time I would sit and freehand designs onto my nails and I could easily waste 3 hours or more on doing my nails. Not that what I was doing would take a professional 3 hours, I was just a bit rubbish!


So because I just don't have the time to spend on my nails any more I started looking for a quicker way to get the designs I wanted onto my nails. After doing a bit of research I stumbled onto Konad stamping. Seemed like a simple enough idea, you paint the special nail polish onto a stencil and then scrape off the excess and stamp. I ordered the Gold set but I got it off Ebay because it's quite expensive (it retails for about £47 on Amazon). There are a lot of other kits ranging from the really small which come with two polishes and plates up to the gigantic pro sets which have around 20 polishes and all the image plates. 



The kit comes with 7 large bottles of polish, 8 image plates with a variety of different designs on them, a stamper, scraper and image plate holder. You also get some bonus rhinestones.


Please excuse my messy plates and scraper, I decided to take the pictures after I'd had a play!


So it took a bit of getting used to before I could get the technique right, I suggest having some cotton buds on hand so that you can remove mistakes and smudges from your nails. It suggests in online tutorials that you should roll the stamper across your nail, when I tried this I kept stamping way off centre and ended up with some pretty wonky designs! So after trying for a little while to get the knack this is what I came up with.


Still a bit wonky and a bit messy but overall I'm pretty pleased with them. It took a bit of time to get the knack of doing this but once I'd got it sussed it really doesn't add very much onto the time I would spend just painting my nails plainly. If it wasn't for the high price I would recommend this product whole heartedly and if you stumble across it on Ebay for less I'd say go for it! It is a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool and like a lot of fun! I love the design you've picked!

    P.S. Please can you remove your captcha from your blog so it is easier to comment on the posts!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of fun to do once you master it. I had a lot of grumpy moments when the designs kept going wonky!

    ReplyDelete