Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Fraulein 38 make up brushes review.


So since I'm a bit pathetic when it comes to doing my own make up, (images of a child finger painting just about sums it up) I thought it was about time I upped my game and bought some proper tools. A quick trip to Boots revealed that one brush was going to cost me about £12 (yikes!) so to the internet I journeyed!

I came across the Fraulein brushes on Ebay and after musing of a few different sets I went for the biggest (24) because why not. The whole set cost me £13 with free postage which compared with £12 for one brush is pretty cheap! They come in a faux leather roll case which has a flap to keep the brushes covered and clean when you aren't using them. The photo of the black set was borrowed from Nataliesbeautyland be sure to check out her blog when you get a sec.


The first thing I noticed when I got this set was the strong plastic smell. Some people might hate this, I happen to love it! It reminds me of school swimming bags and arm bands. However if you don't like this smell I would suggest leaving the brushes unwrapped somewhere to air out and it should dissipate in a day or so. Individually all the brushes are very soft and none of the bristles have come out even when I let my cat play with them (I clean them after obv but it's a good quality test!). 

For me being a make up novice these brushes are excellent quality, they aren't harsh on my skin and they are excellent value for money. I'll keep you updated on how they hold up as they are brand new right now. Please let me know if you have tried these brushes and what you think of them or if you have any other brushes that you recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment