Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Photo shoot!

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post. It's all been rather hectic lately but I promised you something more exciting and more hair related so here we go. These are the sneaky backstage pictures I got from my photo shoot for the L'OrĂ©al colour trophy. So excited! 

This is our beautiful model before we coloured or cut her hair. She had virgin hair so was very brave to let us near her with the dye, safe to say she is now hooked!


Here she is sitting anxiously with the colour on. Her natural hair was a mid brown (base 5) which we darkened down a bit to compliment her complexion and then we added a red panel through the sides and fringe and I hand painted some of the darker colour onto her roots and the tips of her fringe to create a shine band effect. 


 Here she is sitting patiently while the balyage colour develops, hence why her fringe and roots look a bit claggy. 


Cheeky shot of the mens entry while our model say in make up. 


We wanted to go really strong with the eyes and more neutral on the lips and the make up artist did a stunning job.


The finished look waiting for the photographer. It's such a pain trying to take picture's of dark colours on a phone so please forgive the quality! 


Tried to take a picture of the properly lit photo on the photographers mac book. Easier said than done but I'm super happy with what I've seen so far. 


We also curled it for a change of pace to see which we liked better. I'm leaning towards straight as it shows off the colour better but I'd love to hear your opinions. 


End of the day, two very tired stylists and our beautiful model. Note to self, don't take pictures with models. Especially after making zero effort on appearance that day! Oh well I live and learn. 

I hope you like my backstage photo's, I had to grab them quickly whenever I had a spare moment so they are a little rushed. Please let me know your thoughts, I'll try to get hold of copies of the final photos and upload them and I'll keep you up to date on any news from the competition. Bye for now! 






1 comment:

  1. Great post...nice to see things from a behind-the-scenes perspective! Agree with you on the straight style as it shows the colour more :) I'm actually new to blogging and only posted my second post yesterday (on gorge ASOS bags in the sale!) so i'm looking forward to reading more posts from you! Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete