Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

How to curl with straighteners

So something that a lot of people have asked me before is how do you curl with straighteners. I know it's something that for some people it clicks straight away and for others they cannot get their heads around it. So I thought I would throw together this really quick guide on how I curl with straighteners.

For this you will need: a straightening iron, some sectioning clips, a comb, some heat protector and hairspray.

So here is my model Audrey, unfortunately as this was a quick spur of the moment post I couldn't secure a real person and my long suffering dolly head stepped in to be my model.


So the first thing you want to do is section your hair, I section my hair from my crown down to just behind my ear on both sides and then work up the back.


This is my first section and I'm going to take pieces about an inch wide to make my curls.


I clamp the hair in the straighteners and rotate them 180 degrees towards me so the hair ends are facing me.


Then pull the straighteneners slowly down the hair, try not to pull very hard you don't want a lot of tension on the hair. the result should look something like the curl below.


Carry this on along the section and then work up the hair taking little sections each time. The end result should look something like the photo below. 



Sorry this guide isn't the most detailed and the pictures aren't very good but it was just something quick I thought I would put together while the idea was in my head. Hope you all find this a bit useful. Please let me know if it is or if you have any other tips and tricks for creating your own straightener curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment