Pages

Sunday 2 February 2014

Best hairdryers for your money.

As a hairdresser the one tool that probably works harder than any other is the hair-dryer. I use mine nearly every day and for the average dryer that is just too much to cope with. So I am going to go through a few of my favourite dryers that will definitely stand up to heavy use. Whether your budget is small or infinite here are my recommendations.

Budget buy: Babyliss Pro Black Magic £17.21 Beautybay.com

If money is a bit tight for you then I cannot recommend the Black magic enough. I know that there are cheaper hair dryers out there (theres pretty much a smartprice/tesco value version of everything these days!) but this one will really hold up to pretty much anything you can throw at it. This was my first dryer which came in my college kit and I was blown away when I compared it to the dryer I had been using. This has a 1600w motor which doesn't sound particularly strong but trust me it's more than powerful enough. It  has 4 heat settings and two speed settings, a good tip to remember is with a more powerful dryer you don't need to have the heat as high so your hair will thank you! It also has a cold shot button which is useful for setting curls into the hair. Durability wise mine has been dropped and bashed off things. I have sucked my hair into the back (but we wont talk about that) and it is still standing. It comes with the smooth nozzle that you can see in the picture but you do have to buy the diffuser separately if you have curly hair, also it can feel a bit heavy but if you're only using it for your own hair this probably wont be an issue.

Mid range buy: Diva Professional Rapida 3200 £49.99 Beautyexpert.co.uk

If your budget is a bit more allowing then I would strongly recommend the Diva rapida. This is a dryer that is the top choice of many a hairdresser up and down the country. This has a powerful motor which has been tested and proven to last at least 1000 hours, that's pretty much never going to run out if you only use this for your own hair. I don't know about you but I normally only dry my hair for about 15 minutes when I'm not doing it properly. This is another dryer which doesn't need to be used as hot because it has a 2000w motor but because it's super duper clever this one also has a heat regulator so it wont get hotter than 110 degrees. There is 4 heat settings though so you can choose the one that works best for what you are trying to achieve.  It has a 3 metre long cable so you can safely wander all over the place while drying your hair and it comes in a whole range of colours!

Luxury buy: Parlux 3200 compact £75.95 Thehut.com 
If money is no object and you want what is in my opinion the epitome of dryers, then look no further than the Parlux 3200. This dryer is just brilliant. It's super lightweight so no arm strain, bonus if you spend all day blow drying, For me I tend to regard the heavier dryers as good arm toning exercise but I also cannot be bothered to make myself swap arms so I would end up with one massive hulk arm if my dryer weighed a lot. It comes with two nozzles, one for speed drying and one for precision setting (great if you want super sleek and shiny curls). Again you have to buy the diffuser separately if you like the diffused look. There are 4 temperatures and 2 speeds as well as a cold shot button. The motor is slightly weaker than the Rapida at 1900w but you wouldn't notice the difference and the pro's definitely outweigh the cons. It comes in a few different colours and some super pretty floral patterns so there's something for everyone. It also has the salon length cable so you can roam free while drying.

I hope that you have found this helpful, overall I would say that all of these dryers are wonderful and I would recommend any of them. If like me you are really strapped for cash all I would say is buy a dryer which is meant for professional use. It may cost you that little bit more but they are designed to be used constantly by hairdressers day in day out, so if it's only for personal use it's going to last years. Please let me know if you think there are any other dryers out there that you love, or that you would like me to review. Also if there are any other hair tool reviews you would like to see please tell me and I will give you my thoughts.

Hope you all are doing well, speak to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are really cool and they come in pretty much every colour. Problem is I would never be able to choose what colour to get!

      Delete