Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Spring/Summer Hair trends

Thought I'd post a quick round up of the key hair trends for Spring and Summer this year. Most of the styles seen on the catwalks have been very simple and very natural which is great news for the rest of us as it's easy to replicate! 

Embellished hair, as seen at D&G. For me this might be one of my favourites for Spring and one I will definitely be trying. Best for medium to long hair the easiest way to accomplish this style is to plait your hair in one braid at the back then flip it up and use hair grips to pin it to your head in a circle. Hide the end under a clip and your good to go! Or add loads for this fantastic over the top look.  If your hair is shorter then I would wear it down and wear broaches and clips all along one side.

Princess twists, as seen on the Ellie Saab catwalk this look should work for most lengths of hair apart from a mega short crop. Apply a little smoothing serum to your hair to prevent flyaways, I recommend Frizz Ease or L'Oreal Liss Control. To do this section your hair at its natural parting and then working from the front of your hair where you want your twist to start turn it in on itself in a roll. Make sure you gather all your hair into the twist as you work down and then use a grip to secure behind your ear.

The low pony, very very simple to do and works best on freshly washed hair. The look for spring to summer is quite loose and flyaway so don't add any product to your hair beforehand. Simply bring it back into a low pony then leave a small section out when you secure it with a thin elastic. Then take that small piece of hair and wrap it around the elastic to hide. A grip underneath to secure in place and hide the ends of the hair and you are good to go! 

Loose waves, this look for me us by far the easiest to do, I think for many people out there this is bed hair! If your hair looks like this when you wake up, lucky you! You won't need to do anything to replicate this trend, however if you are like me and your hair is a little straighter then I would recommend scrunch drying your hair. To do this after washing your hair, towel dry then spritz on some thermo active styling spray when still wet. Garnier do a good one as do Matrix and L'oreal. Then when you dry with the hair dryer take sections in your hands and scrunch. Simples! The spray will hold the loose waves in your hair all day. :)

This was just a little insight into my personal favourite styles for this year. If you would like me to do some more in depth photo tutorials of any please let me know. Also let me know what styles you're looking forward to this season! Bye for now!

All photo's from Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I love that first hairstyle with the gold ornaments. So pretty and chic! Found your blog via Bloglovin ((:

    www.missysue.com
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hairstyles! I'll have to try them out!

    http://alwaysinmymindblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete