Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Dentist Visit

Good afternoon everyone,

Sorry for not getting the chance to post yesterday but it was a very busy day. Wednesday and Fridays are super busy so I wont always be able to get a post up.

Today I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself after going to the dentist this morning. I'm coming to the final stages of wearing braces and today I got the little elastic bands that hook on to the metal brackets. I can only describe the sensation as being like they've wired your jaw shut. My mouth only opens a small amount and I tried to have noodles for my lunch and was struggling to get the fork in my mouth! I've done a bit of research and some dentists websites say your meant to take them off when you eat but mine said they have to stay on all the time! Should be an interesting couple of months!

If any of you have been through this stage of braces and can offer any advice on how you coped I would love to hear it. Also if any of you have any questions about braces or about getting braces later in life (I was 21 when I got mine) please let me know. Again sorry about the missed day I promise to come up with something suitably hair related to post about very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I had the rubber bands also! I still have packets of them and now use them for hair ties lol!
    I took them off to eat and put them straight back on! I made sure I ate fast just in case the time they were off for made some impact of some sort on the way they worked, also I took pain killers a lot and drank warm drinks, I found my bands would always snap really easy and I was forever replacing them! lol

    If your made to wear a retainer afterwards, make sure you do wear it! I thought I could just not wear mine, as well as the fact it was uncomfortable, I just stopped wearing it.. big mistake my teeth have now moved back to the way they were before braces :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know I've got a few friends who seriously regret not wearing the retainers! Before getting my braces I'd been living with awful teeth for so long I'm now terrified they'll go back!

      Delete
    2. Just another mistake I've made lol, I'll get braces again when I can afford them and do the right thing this time! lol

      Delete